DAP is an ongoing process and an evolving approach to teaching. The overall goal of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) training is to support excellence in early childhood education through decision-making based on knowledge about individual children and child development principles combined with knowledge of effective early learning practices.
Catco Kids offers a three-months intensive training program in DAP (Development Appropriate Plan), that educates about “Early Childhood “teaching principals for those who work as teachers and Assistants teachers in daycares and schools.
Who should attend?
Teachers, Assistant Teachers, Art Teachers
- Understanding of DAP (Development Appropriate Plan) key aspects and developmental milestones helping to improve teaching skills.
- Identification of DAP components for teachers to implement DAP in early childhood programs to make contribution for preparing children for school success.
- Help teachers to explore the breadth of nurturing children’s overall development (social/emotional, physical, cognitive/intellectual, and cultural).
- Enables teachers for hands on experiences where children learn by doing.
- Organize teachers to manage the enough time for children to explore and fully engage their interests.
- Enable teachers to do proper assessments and observations of each child on one to one basis.
- Help teachers understand the age appropriate practices of children and arrange activities based on their age-appropriate needs and requirements.
- Enable teachers to develop a curriculum framework based on child development, individual learning and cultures of the children in your group.
- Curriculum Development
- Lesson Planning
- Assessment and Evaluations
- Portfolio Assessment Techniques