Dr. Shahida Saleem is a true visionary, a born leader and a natural mentor has 30+ years of International business and management experience, has pioneered several social developments initiatives in Pakistan.
Catco Kids Daycare Centers, a model for the development of a National Childcare System, and Catco International which developed a nationwide education management system are some of Dr. Saleem’s ventures that have been acquired by Pakistani Govt and corporate sectors.
One of her key strengths & expertise is sustainable social development by using emerging technologies. Her Projects are focused on an integrated approach to key nation building areas including education, health, commerce development and women’s empowerment, where Information & Communication Technologies (ICTs) are used as enablers. Dr. Saleem has to her credit, established many proof of concept models, utilizing triple bottom line (TBL) principals. Her models have proven that solid business models can simultaneously impact long term social change. An example of her recent work in Pakistan includes the Sehat First Franchised Health.
- Chair, FPCCI Standing Committee on IT (www.fpcci.org)
- Vice Chairperson, FPCCI Standing Committee on Education
- Chair, Board of Directors, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Pakistan– ( www.iste.org)
- Chair, Board of Directors, d.o.t.z technologies (www.dotztechnologies.com)
- Chair, Board of Directors, Catco Kids (www.catcokids.com)
- Chair, Board of Directors, Sehat First (www.sehatfirst.com)
- Director, Pakistan-US Business Council
- Advisory Board Member – CMIS ( joint committee for monitoring and improvement of
schools, KHI CDGK)
- FPCCI Representative for the UN Thematic Workgroup on Education- One UN Program
- Board Member, Pakistan Post
- Treasurer, e Health Association of Pakistan
- Consultant – ILO
- Consultant – ABT Associates
- Consultant – SME LEASING
- Consultant- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Consultant- SMEDA/AHAN (Aik Hunar Aik Nagar)
- Consultant- HEC
- Advisory Board Member, The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) (www.cipe.org) – Pakistan